Garage Door Repair in Brambleton VA
While the summertime is a time for relaxation and rest, the summertime heat can be a thorn in the side of most Brambleton VA homeowners, especially if they don’t prepare their homes for the inevitable increased temperatures and thunderstorms. As we get deeper into the summer months, it is imperative that homeowners do all they can to ensure their garage doors remain functional and healthy. Here are a few ways for you to be proactive with your garage door, so that you can avoid costly garage door repairs later on.
Avoid Costly Repair to your Garage Door
- Ensure all parts are properly lubricated- Silicone based lubricants work best for garage doors. When the parts of a garage door aren’t properly lubricated, it can lead to chains catching, motors to stop working, and the door itself getting caught on the opening track.
- Keep your door clean- This may seem obvious, but keeping your garage door clean is a great way to ensure that you won’t be hit with repair fees later on. The more your door is exposed to the elements, the weaker it will become. Keeping the exterior of the door clean will increase its lifespan.
- Examine the parts- Make to check all chains, motors, springs, or any other components for signs of damage. Catch any damages before they become serious risks to the functionality of your garage door. Be sure to take a look at the bolts as well. Loose bolts can lead to the collapse of your door.
- Weatherproofing- Do all you can to weatherproof your garage door. It’s all about being as proactive as possible. The summer months often herald in severe thunderstorms, and proper weatherproofing techniques can save you money in the long run.
- Identify any issues and do something! – If you do find something wrong with your garage door or any of its components, get help quick. Call Door Doctor VA for a free inspection.
Inspecting your garage door and scheduling regular maintenance will not only extend the life of your garage door, but it will also help to ensure a worry free summer. Contact Door Doctor VA today to get started on your Brambleton VA garage door repairs and rest easy knowing that your garage door is ready for summer.