- Never let children play with garage door remote controls. Explain to children that the remote controls are not a toy.
- Discuss garage door safety with your children and explain the dangers of being injured by the door.
- Be sure to read the owners’ manual on how to use the door’s emergency-release feature.
- Visually inspect your garage door each month. Look at the springs, cables, rollers and pulleys for signs of wear. If any of these components appear damaged, contact Door Doctor for inspection or garage door repair.
- Never attempt to remove, adjust or repair cables and springs. A trained Door Doctor technician using proper tools and instruction must make repairs and adjustments. These parts are under high tension and can cause serious injury if not handled properly.
- Test your garage door’s opener reversing mechanism monthly by placing a 2×4 board or a roll of paper towels in the door’s path. If the door does not reverse after contacting the object, refer to your owner’s manual and call Door Doctor for repairs.
Door Doctor always recommends professional installation and repair of all garage door systems. These systems are operated under extreme tension which could result in serious bodily injury, property damage, or death if proper safety procedures are not observed.
At Door Doctor VA, we specialize in garage doors and garage door openers. Door Doctor, Inc. has been in the garage door business for over twenty years and we serve Northern Virginia and parts of Maryland. We can meet all your garage door and garage door opener repair, service, and installation needs with the professional quality, craftsmanship, and personal service you deserve. Call us today for an estimate on replacing or repairing your garage door or garage door opener at 703 709 7933