Tips for Buying A New Garage Door
Five Things to Consider When Looking for a Garage Door
- Appearance: The garage door often makes up more than 40% of a home’s exterior. Choosing the right door can greatly enhance the curb appeal, resale value and unique look of your home. A new carriage house or custom garage door is a great way to make your home stand out with beautiful style.
- Design Options: When designing your door, first consider the architecture and design features of your home. This will help you to choose from the variety of door styles, panels, windows, texture, colors and hardware that are available to you. Then visit our Gallery and make note of your favorite garage doors. If you do not see a picture of what you are looking for, Contact Us. We can help you find or design the perfect garage door for your home.
- Maintenance: For continued safety and performance all garage doors require regular maintenance. When choosing the organic beauty of wood, it is important to know that wood garage doors require proper finishing and regular re-applications. If cared for properly, these natural doors will last for many years. Steel garage doors require the least maintenance. If painted, steel doors will also need to be re-painted periodically.
- Energy Efficiency: The garage door shields the largest entrance to your home from the heat of summer and the cold of winter. Selecting an insulated garage door, with a high R value, increases energy efficiency by minimizing extreme temperatures in your garage. (R value is a measure of resistance to the flow of heat through a certain material. The greater the thermal insulating capability, the higher the R value.)
- Dealer: It is important to choose a dealer that has a solid reputation for quality workmanship and excellent customer service. We are a member of the International Door Association (IDA) and have been in the garage door industry for over 20 years.